Wayne State bucket list
We asked and you answered! What is on your Wayne State bucket list?
Root, root, root for the Warriors - Attend a football game
With a view of the city in the background, an exciting game in front of you and Warrior fanatics on either side, catching a football game at Tom Adams Field is a Wayne State experience that shouldn’t be missed.
Football isn't your thing? We’ve got you covered. From baseball to volleyball, fencing to swimming, our world-class athletes are ready for your support all year long.
Visit https://wsuathletics.com to check out schedules, see rosters and learn the latest news.
Star student - Earn that 4.0
Taking advantage of Wayne State’s academic resources will get you closer to ticking off the second-most popular bucket list item - Graduating at the top of your class.
- The Academic Success Center is a great place to start. With their help, you’ll learn new strategies to keep you on the right educational path.
- Apply to the Irvin D. Reid Honors College, a haven for high achieving students. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who will inspire you to do more in the classroom and community.
- Broaden your knowledge of the world by traveling it. Our Study Abroad programs will take you on a journey that not only introduces you to new cultures but also enhances your academics with a different perspective on the world.
- Meet with your advisor! You don’t have to figure out your educational path alone. Your advisor can help you pick classes and keep you on track for graduation.
Social butterfly - Get involved
There is so much to do and so little time, where do you begin?
- If you’re an incoming freshman, be sure to check out FestiFall on Tuesday, Aug. 27. And all Warriors should visit the Student Organization Fair. There are hundreds of groups you can get involved with, and both of these events can help you narrow down your options.
- If you’re not really a “joiner,” you can still attend some of the events on campus. Our personal favorites for the fall are Homecoming, Global Festival and Wayne State Night at Comerica Park with the Detroit Tigers.
- Whenever you need a friend, look for “W”. Although our mascot is a bit elusive, a “W” sighting will always bring a smile and is a good indicator that an event is about to take place.
Be a Detroiter - Take advantage of the city
Get out and explore our ever-changing and exciting location.
- Find new study places, like on the steps of the Detroit Institute of Arts or in the gorgeous Detroit Public Library.
- Eat your way around the city courtesy of a mix of up-and-coming and established restaurants.
- Get your history fix at the Detroit Historical Museum and the Motown Museum.
- Head downtown to hang out at the riverfront, take in a festival in Hart Plaza or just relax on Belle Isle.
Campus explorer - Break out of your routine
Wayne State's campus is rich in history, quirks and pride — see for yourself!
- Get lost in Old Main. Just remember that sometimes you have to go up to get down.
- Take an outdoor art tour (PDF)
- Enjoy the quiet in the David Adamany Undergraduate Library
- Ride the QLine to the new Mike Ilitch School of Business building
- Discover old Detroit in the Gordon L. Grosscup Museum of Anthropology
- Reach for the stars in the Planetarium
- See a show from our theatre and dance students
- Stay healthy at the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center