We're hiring! - Social Media student assistant
Web Communications (within Marketing and Communications) is looking for a student assistant to join our social media team. We are searching for a creative student who understands at least the basics of social media and wants to help tell the Wayne State story in new and unique ways. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, a self-starter and eager to learn new things.
Along with the Web Content Administrator and other social media team members, you will be responsible for:
- Updating the main social media accounts with provided content
- Assisting the social media team in creating original content
- Creating some new content on the fly
- Attending events and report on highlights
- Planning student-oriented campaigns and contests to increase engagement on specified platforms
- Writing long-form posts highlighting aspects of the university
- Attending weekly social planning meetings
- Helping track stats and create reports
- Selecting and schedule the Photo of the Day
- Follow university guidelines and web accessibility standards
- Available 12-20 hours during the school year with additional availability in the summer
- Current Wayne State University student
- Majoring in Design is ideal but not a requirement
- The ideal candidate must be dependable and show flexibility - many changes happen in the world of social media!
How to apply
- Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Social media application"
- Be sure to include links to your personal and any organizational social media accounts you have assisted with managing