We're hiring! - Social Media student photographer
The Social Media team (within the Office of Marketing and Communications) is looking for a student photographer to join our social media team. The marketing and social media student photographer position is a great opportunity to capture the Wayne State student experience through the camera lens. This position will be responsible for providing marketing, event and social media photography by attending student-focused events, and spending time on campus capturing campus life at Wayne State.
Applicants must have flexible hours and be available to cover various events across campus. In addition, be open to exploring campus to capture authentic interactions of the Wayne State community. The position is flexible where the person will be able to work from home periodically.
The selected candidate will go through training with the social media team and design team, covering best practices and expectations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assist the social media and design teams in capturing original photography
- Attend assigned events and remain at the event until the end, or the required photos are captured
- Provide color-corrected digital files to client via electronic transfer in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly social meetings
- Open with a willingness to receive direction and feedback
- Represent Wayne State University with a pleasant and professional attitude
- Current Wayne State student
- Must have experience with digital photography.
- Bring personal equipment to be used to shoot events.
- Have reliable transportation to arrive at events on time.
- Have a working understanding of Adobe Photoshop or LightRoom.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Schedule flexibility with nights and weekends availability as hours may vary
- Work creatively
- Pursuit of a fine arts/photography, film or related major.
- Experience photographing live events
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and five (5) photography samples to Brittani Hobbs, email@example.com, with the subject line "Social media student photographer application." You can also search for 'Marketing and social media student photographer' on Handshake.